Tuesday 19 March 2013

What the heck?!

It's been a long time since I have blogged (two months). Apart from mini blogging on social network sites (and I don't think Twitter or Facebook status updates count as blog posts), I don't seem to have had time to write.

I haven't had time to read either. Or, if I have had time, I haven't had headspace. My brain is definitely scrambled eggs at the moment. I have a stack of books next to my bed that I would like to read. I'm playing a character who claims to love books and "live a life of the mind". I'm not really living that life. When I'm in a rehearsal period, I often find it hard to read anything other than my script. I don't like to have different stories and people in my head. More than ever now I have to try to absorb my character lines. I have to work hard to get the words into long-term memory. I'm living the payback for having previously found it easy to learn my lines. My MS has taken away that aptitude.

I have been horribly busy. Not just with the play, I know I have been doing too much. I have been ill – a spectacular hacking cough and endlessly snotty nose. I have had eyesight lapses. I have fallen over (several times). And I have still rehearsed, done simulated patient role-play jobs, produced my agency's newsletter, supported a friend through the break up with her boyfriend plus starting working on a new website and show reel not to mention rearranging all the furniture in my front room.

It's crazy I know but at a recent MS award ceremony I was described as nutty, I didn't win the award. But my friend and fellow MSer Jo did. So, what the heck?! This video seems appropriate - enjoy (and yes that is THE Kevin Kline narrating!):

Busy, busy, busy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be rude or disrespectful.
If you know who I am, just refer to me as Toots.
You do not have to complete a URL (website address) to post a comment. Choose a profile - just your name or Anonymous is fine. I look forward to reading what you have to say.