Tuesday 16 July 2013

Senseless


I cycled into town today to meet fellow MSSY group members for a drink (that's a defytheMonSter* feat in itself) and I wondered how much time do we spend not seeing, not hearing, not smelling, not feeling, and, yes, not tasting... I must remember to keep my mouth closed when cycling - I'm vegetarian and flies don't taste good**!

On Talulah***, I picked up wonderful blends of smells, scents, aromas and indeed some proper pongs - ewww. For the most part, I felt alive, connected. 

The fact that I could hardly walk when I'd parked up Talulah (and dropped keys, water bottle and helmet - twice each) didn't detract from the fact that I had gone out. I took that bold step of being in public. 

I have been doubting myself a lot recently. I feel more alone than normal. I love the summer. I love that sunshine brings people outside. I love that I see and chat to my neighbours. People are more likely to eat outdoors in the sunshine and the food tastes better. But, as empty weeks of summer stretch ahead, I want to be loved. I want to be respected. I want to be liked. All three would be great. Can you hear me? Or is this senseless?


* I have started this hashtag on twitter in an attempt to focus on the positive - there is always something, every day, that is an achievement
** I do keep my mouth closed and didn’t swallow any flies but it’s funny
*** Talulah is my electric bicycle - she was an expensive but fabulous addition to my life

1 comment:

  1. I hear you and am sorry you feel alone. MS is so isolating. I'm sure glad for technology that connects us to the world.

    ReplyDelete

Please do not be rude or disrespectful.
If you know who I am, just refer to me as Toots.
You do not have to complete a URL (website address) to post a comment. Choose a profile - just your name or Anonymous is fine. I look forward to reading what you have to say.