Monday 9 April 2012

Dead to the world

I’m tired. I’m often tired. When I’m fatigued I’m pretty much dead to the world. I’m not fatigued today. Today I am wearing PJs. I haven’t had a shower or got dressed. I haven’t been outside. But I have got out of bed. I have done a bit of organising for All 4 Cake - http://beatms.mssociety.org.uk/netcommunity/toots
I have designed and ordered some car door magnets - 
And a sign for the window - 
And I have dealt with death today - . 
It was ‘only’ a fish but there have been a few fish fatalities and it’s not even my fish tank. I didn’t really have to do very much dealing. I just removed the body from the tank using a pair of tongs and flushed it down the toilet. I then watched the (animated) film ‘Flushed Away’. Pure coincidence.

There have been other bodies that I didn’t do anything with – a bird, a mouse
And there are always the plants I simply put in the compost section of the recycling point
I’ve been driving around a bit recently and seen a lot of road kill. You’ll be pleased to know I didn’t stop and take photos. I didn’t even keep count but there were badgers, rabbits, foxes and at least one pheasant. I didn’t kill any of them.

I do sometimes wonder what happens to all those poor battered corpses. Does nature take care of them or is it somebody’s job to go round clearing up the, often human-induced, mess? If it is somebody’s job then I’d like to add it to the list of jobs I’m glad I don’t do. They are important jobs. Unlike what I do. I remember stressing over a difficult project years ago and a friend gave me a good reality check. “It’s not like you do anything important,” she said, “not like cleaning the roads or emptying the rubbish bins.” A thought to remember when I still have to work though I feel dead to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do not be rude or disrespectful.
If you know who I am, just refer to me as Toots.
You do not have to complete a URL (website address) to post a comment. Choose a profile - just your name or Anonymous is fine. I look forward to reading what you have to say.